Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to stashing and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting company. There are different classes of hosting services used for various ends, so let's study these. In this way, you can choose what you want, based on whether you desire to set up a weblog, mail aliases, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by some companies, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage services are often supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific stretch of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inaccurate interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the load between separate hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different web hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific corporations offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a large number of images with mates or associates since the solution is commonly free. You will receive a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to managing your e-mailbox accounts. Some corporations provide web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you would like to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web page visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to possess as many video clips as you want without bothering about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to have a website. To some extent, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mails, upload video files, etc. At First and Best Hosting, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific content solely.